- Exp. Not Specified
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Accounting, Commerce or Finance
JOB TITLE: Finance Intern
DIRECTORATE/UNIT: Finance Department-RMNCH
PHYSICAL LOCATION: Amref Health Africa in Kenya
PERIOD: 6 months
2. JOB OBJECTIVE
To support the Finance Department.
3. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The finance intern will directly report to the Assistant Programme Accountant.
• Preparing all payments including Staff advances, Surrender, Invoices and Claims ensuring supporting documents are adequate and complete
• Generating supplier details for input in Navision System.
• Daily data entry from payment vouchers, Office float voucher, surrender journal entries receipts.
• Maintaining an up to date creditors status (matching invoices to LPOs and GRNs, checking correctness and accuracy of the invoices preparation of payment of creditors)
• A University degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
• CPA/ACCA Level II is desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Attentive to details;
• Able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision;
• Hard working and results oriented;
• Strong analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and in a logical manner.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
• Team working skills
Potential candidates must:
– Submit an application to undertake internship training at Amref Health Africa.
– Specify why he/she has chosen Amref Health Africa for internship, the benefits expected from completing the internship (eg how it fits into the applicant’s studies or career plans), and how this contributes to Amref Health Africas objectives.
The application should indicate specifically:
– Field of academic specialisation or area in which practical training is required
– Programme of training approved by the candidate’s institution, where applicable duration of the internship (three or six months)
– Number of credits required for validation by the candidate’s institution, where applicable
– The application for internship shall be accompanied by a supporting letter from his/her learning institution, where relevant.
– Selection will be based on the job description prepared for this purpose and the best suited candidates will be selected.
NB: Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we are not in a position to reply to each request and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important: Please indicate your area of specialisation on the subject of the email when applying for an internship with Amref Health Africa.
NOTE: Amref Health Africa does not require or expect prospective and existing Interns to make any form of payment to secure and work as Interns within Amref Health Africa through the Corporate, Country, National and its field offices.