Education: Graduate Degree
Duration: 3 – 6 Months
The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the national umbrella organisation for employers in Kenya and its key mandate is to promote the interests of employers.
FKE seeks to ensure that national labour and social policy provides an environment favourable to enterprise sustainability and job creation. We are seeking to engage a Finance/Credit intern for a period of between 3-6 months as per the description below:
The intern will be placed in the Finance & Procurement division, reporting to the Head of Finance & Procurement. He/She will be trained to support the division in achievement of the following Account receivables roles. Preferred Skills:
- Delivering invoices to clients
- Effectively following up with customers and updating their accounts on timely basis
- Carrying out Debtor’s reconciliation, preparing credit reports and making proposals where necessary for keeping debtors figures as low as possible
- Enlisting the efforts of senior management when necessary to accelerate debt collection processes.
- Establishing and maintaining effective cooperative working relationships with clients and staff members.
- Making contact with and conducting visits to defaulting customers for assigned accounts with an aim of updating collections
- Weekly and monthly reporting to immediate seniors on debt collection and customer service issues.
- Contributing towards meeting defined department goals and activity metrics • Performing other assigned tasks and duties within the division
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Business related degree.
- CPA Part 2
- Knowledge in Account Receivables
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Some work experience as a credit officer preferably in a member based organization with high Volume Corporate Collections
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- A person of integrity.
- Highly presentable.
- A team player
- A fast learner and goal oriented
- Commitment to service.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application and CV with 3 professional referees, indicating the position on the Subject line or addressed to the undersigned to reach us not later than Friday, October 04, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Federation of Kenya Employers,
Waajiri House, Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani,
P.O. Box 48311-00100 Nairobi.