We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI’s Innovations and Evidence Hub is looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join our growing team on a multi-country initiative focused on leveraging mobile technology to better engage with PSI’s target audience. The ideal candidate must have a knack for finding insight in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities within the organization. The right person should also be comfortable aggressively challenging internal assumptions and authority.
The Analyst will work closely with program managers to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will be required to apply their strong knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our organization and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The Analyst will:
• Interpret data, analyze results, and identify and forecast trends in complex data sets using statistical techniques
• Synthesize data from primary or secondary data sources
• Develop analytical models to turn data into actionable, real-time insights
• Build engaging data visualizations and dashboards to help managers rapidly isolate insights in accordance with business and information needs
• Identify new process improvement opportunities
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for data science, data visualization, and health who is willing and able to learn by doing in a demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
• Bachelors’ in data science, information management statistics, applied mathematics, analytics, economics, computer science, or related field required
• Familiar with multiple data sources (XML, CSV, JSON, etc)
• Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets required (SQL, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of scripting languages Python, R, and data visualization skills, preferably in PowerBI, Tableau required
• Worked on technology implementation projects, preferably with a strong mobile technology or digital marketing component including analytical models
• Very strong personal integrity
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Highly organized and a self-starter
• Experience in public health, marketing, or working for a development agency
• Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques
All applicants must be based in Nairobi with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits. This is a consultant position.
The timeframe for the consultancy is 12 months with a possibility of extension. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae
Subject: Data Analyst
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
No Account? Sign Up Now