- Exp. 1+ Years
- Min. Qualification: Certificate
- Specialism:Food Related Studies
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Chef De Partie, the Demi Chef will be responsible for preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes according to the restaurant’s menu. He/She will also ensure familiarity with property health and safety, first aid and fire emergency procedures are maintained and operation of equipment is handled safely and sensibly as well as ensuring that HACCP is implemented and practiced.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set his working area.
- Work with Head of Department to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conducting on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintaining a record of progress for each staff member.
- Providing input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensuring new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Preparing induction programs for new employees and allocating sufficient time for their implementation.
- Work with Head of Department in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High School or secondary diploma required.
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc).
- Minimum 1 year kitchen experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels