- Exp. 1+ Years
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Editorial, Multimedia or Print Production / Education & Training
Spear Sharp Education is a budding publishing house headquartered at Mlolongo township, on the outskirts of Nairobi City. The company wishes to improve its editorial capacity by recruiting the following positions:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Editor will be expected to be the lead interpreter of the Competency- Based Curriculum, in close consultation with the Lead Editor. The Editor will be engaged on a 6-month contract, renewable by mutual consent.
- Coordinate the work of authors to ensure they meet set deadlines and quality thresholds.
- Edit and proofread manuscripts for comprehensiveness, grammar, content and outlook.
- Help to rewrite, recast, review and release manuscripts for design and printing.
- Coordinate editorial assistants to ensure they learn, apply and enable the company to meet the set objectives.
- Review and revise existing books and products to strengthen them against the competing titles in the marketplace
- Recruit illustrators, guide them and work together with designer(s) to meet set deadlines
- Recruit writers and assist them to develop manuscripts using the curriculum
- Communicate to the public in meetings, social media and website
- Attend book promotional activities when called upon to assist
- Bachelor’s degree in publishing, education, Editing, or related field, with at least 1-year experience as an Editorial Assistant in a busy publishing house.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight schedules.
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
If you are a young university graduate looking to spruce up your skills in a publishing firm as an editor, this is your chance to get the right exposure.
If you are interested, please write to the General Manager, Spear Sharp Education, with attached pdf copies of your CV and recommendation letters from your last editing station, to reach him not later than 15th November 2019.