As the most innovative company in Africa, we are catalysing the transformation of the continent by empowering its biggest untapped resource — its people.
ALX is a Leadership Development Platform that is expanding rapidly across Africa – towards the ambitious goal of developing 3 million leaders who will tackle the challenges and capture the opportunities of the continent. These leaders will transform Africa and create opportunities for millions.
ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. ALX merges lifelong learning and development with a purpose-led community, innovation ecosystems and venture incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent and to scale to hundreds of cities across Africa and around the world.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE TEAM
The People team is at the heart of the organization. It is responsible for ensuring that our people have all the resources and support they need to build on our vision and also develop as individuals as they progress through their professional journey. Our primary goal is to ensure that our people have everything they need to thrive at ALX and to have a truly transformational experience. We are deeply passionate about our people and aim to always put them ﬁrst. We have carefully curated an engaged and active organisational culture, and work hard to safeguard it.
Duration: The internship program is for 3 months, with a potential of being made a full time employee after the initial 3 months period.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE FELLOW
- Coordinating and constantly improving our on boarding process for new hires and introducing them to the organisation in a manner that is inspiring, energizing and sets them up to be successful.
- Running our internal communications systems, and thinking through what needs to be communicated and when – ﬁtting this into existing structures or creating new structures as necessary.
- Work closely with organisation wide team members and manage engagement activities to maintain and increase team morale.
- Managing in-life processes for employees and act as a champion of People initiatives within the organisation.
- Coordinating and improving internal people-oriented processes, such as medical aid and pre-arrival, to ensure all team functions have access to the same level of support and information.
- You will also be involved in special organizational development projects, data analysis and reporting as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent interpersonal skills – passionate about creating an amazing experience for our staff.
- Contagious positive energy – you don’t have to pretend, you’re just naturally wired that way.
- Outstanding administration skills – impeccable attention to detail and organisation.
- Strong project management skills – ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
- To be a team player – can work in teams but also be proactive and autonomous.
- Humility & learner mindset – eager to learn and gain new skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English