- Exp. 2+ Years
- Min. Qualification: N/A
- Specialism:Accounting, Commerce or Finance
The future of Africa will be defined by its leaders and their ability to unleash the incredible potential of the continent. ALX sees unprecedented opportunities for our fellow Africans to innovate, re-imagine and be the catalysts for transformation on the continent. ALX is a Pan-African leadership movement for high potential and high impact leaders that enables them to take on Africa’s greatest challenges and most exciting opportunities. By collaborating, growing and networking together in the ALX community space, members will maximize their impact as they shape the future of the continent.
ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. ALX merges lifelong learning and development with a purpose-led community, innovation ecosystems and venture incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent across hundreds of cities in Africa and around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the finance team, you will transform the way ALX measures impact and performance through financial analysis. You will be driving the analysis that the leadership team needs to make data-driven business decisions. The analyses you run will give our stakeholders – including investors – a clear picture of our performance across sites and in aggregate. Your team will be able to assess where ALX should be investing time and capital based on key indicators and outlook for current and future sites.
As the Finance Associate, you will be telling ALX’s story through numbers and visuals in presentations and memos for our Board of Directors and investors. You will liaise across teams at ALX to ensure the accuracy of our financial data and to uncover the key drivers of performance. You will be in constant communication with ALX’s leadership team about financial decisions of the organization and performance of our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS FINANCE ASSOCIATE
- Build and maintain valuation models and financial forecast models
- Support target-setting process, and track performance against targets across business units
- Prepare quarterly investor reports and monthly financial updates for the Board of Directors
- Analyze performance of local sites to assess where ALX should invest capital
- Perform regular financial analyses to surface insights to help the executive team better understand financial performance in order to make decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the company to build a holistic narrative for financial stakeholders
- Assist in the development and execution of investor relations communication materials, including pitchbooks and investor presentations
- Manage transaction processes in the event of any capital raise, including due diligence questions and site visits
- Manage data rooms across multiple investors
- Design and implement systems for ongoing investor and Board of Directors relationship management
- Participate in ad hoc and special projects as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in equity research, investment banking, investor relations, financial planning and analysis, financial consulting, management consulting, or other related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Owner’s approach and entrepreneurial and strategic thinking.
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and strong Excel financial modeling skills (Bonus points if you can do this in G-Suite)
- Robust attention to detail
- Organized and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects and priorities, and take ownership of tasks with little supervision
- Bias towards action
And most importantly…
- Skills: Problem solving, interpersonal, project management & empathy
- Mindsets: Data driven, collaborative leadership