- Exp. 0 - 1 Year
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Vacancy: Finance Internship
Overview: ACDI / VOCA is currently implementing a $45 million, five-year development program entitled Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems (LMS) in 5 Northern Kenya Counties (Turkana, Wajir, Marsabit, Isiolo & Garissa) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The objective of the program is to strengthen people’s Resilience to shocks and stresses and reduce the prevalence and depth of poverty, household hunger and chronic undernutrition.
The program aims to do so by taking collective action on Economic Opportunities and Strengthening Institutions, Market Systems, Governance and Human capital.
The position is based in Nairobi.
Scope of Work:
- Assist the Accountant with preparing vendor disbursement and receipt vouchers daily.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to capture and track Accounting data in the Accounting software.
- Assist the accountant in ensuring time sheets are fully signed and submitted by all staff at the end of the month.
- Assist the Accountant with preparing cost allocation analysis for shared costs like rent, utilities, security, supplies, internet, maintenance, generator fuel etc.
- Assist the Accountant to scan, file and retrieval finance documents.
- Assist the Accountant upload finance documents on SharePoint.
- Assist the Accountant to ensure submission of payroll deduction schedules to the various organizations after the funds have been remitted.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Perform other finance related duties as assigned by the Accountant.
Qualification / Requirements:
- University degree in Business or related field.
- Pursuing CPA 2
- Fresh Graduate/Less than one-year work/Internship
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Fluency in English required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work comfortably with Microsoft excel.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to details.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit your application or hand deliver in any of our field offices not later than September 05, 2019.
Clearly indicating the position, together with a detailed C.V, names and valid contacts of three referees.