Graduate Engineering Internship
Job Industry: Motor Cycle
Job Location: Nairobi
Our client is a Kenyan manufacturer of motorbikes. The position of the Graduate Engineer Intern is an opportunity for a talented, skilled and driven professional to join the team and help build the company into that aspirational brand.
S/He will report to the After Sales Manager and will be an integral part in defining the company’s product line in coordination with the relevant stakeholders.
- Actively participate in product development activities and processes.
- Support the manufacturing engineering activity in the area of the assembly process, assembly line preparation, build-up and the quality management.
- Support the manufacturing and engineering activity in the area of service and preventive maintenance design.
- Support the organisation in seeking and pursuing the best engineering solutions and practices.
- Familiarize with the company by understanding the history and current status of product development.
- Support and provide engineering feedback to the surrounding parts of the organisation structure in the area of manufacturing, sales and after sales.
- Stay a breath of the new technologies and developments outside of the own organisation.
- Create and support communication between the local and European engineering team
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution.
- Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance and service routine.
- Previous engagement in an automobile field will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge and operation of workshop tools, machines and processes.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Should exhibit problem solving skills in technical related issues.
- Should exhibit good communications skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Should be team player.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Graduate Engineering Intern-Motorcycle) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1st March 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.