As the most innovative company in Africa, we are catalysing the transformation of the continent by empowering its biggest untapped resource — its people.
ALX is a Leadership Development Platform that is expanding rapidly across Africa – towards the ambitious goal of developing 3 million leaders who will tackle the challenges and capture the opportunities of the continent. These leaders will transform Africa and create opportunities for millions.
ALX, the newest part of the African Leadership Group, is a bold innovation in talent and leadership development. ALX merges lifelong learning and development with a purpose-led community, innovation ecosystems and venture incubation. Our goal is to become the gathering place for the top 5% of leadership talent and to scale to hundreds of cities across Africa and around the world.
Duration: The internship program is for 3 months, with a potential of being made a full time employee after the initial 3 months period.
ABOUT THE GUEST RELATIONS FELLOW ROLE
The Guest Relations Fellow is responsible for designing and executing a fun, interactive and immersive experience for guests at ALX. The role primarily involves offering a holistic view of the ALX community and the work done by those within it to guests. The ideal Guest Relations Fellow will leverage available resources to not only accurately present the ALX identity to guests but also inspire them to create change when they leave. The day to day activities associated with this role include drawing up guest itineraries, coordinating guest activities and attending to all guest needs and queries.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Must have a B.A., B.Sc. or higher from a credible university in the last 0-3 years.
- Demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
- Express efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Show a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Ability to create new innovative ways to enhance the guest experience.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels
- Knowledge on how to communicate with stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to manage relationships end-to-end.
- A creative, problem-solving approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Mindset: Entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude. Comfortable with uncertainty and a startup environment, but have knowledge and insight to provide structure where needed