- Exp. Not Specified
- Min. Qualification: Not Specified
- Specialism:Social or Political Sciences
Terms of Reference Internship
The overall goal of the project is to contribute towards increased sustainable access to and use of improved water and sanitation facilities, and proper hygiene practices among low income urban dwellers in Homa Bay County.
1. Creating demand for increased access to sustainable improved water and sanitation facilities among 43,100 residents of Homa Bay, Mbita, Oyugis, and Kendu Bay urban centers
2. Promotion of sanitation and hygiene in institutions and communities within the 4 project sites
3. Gender mainstreaming and capacity building of key county WASH stakeholders on gender mainstreaming in integrated WASH management and service delivery
4. Development of a pro poor vision and strategy for the company to create access to water and sanitation for low income households
5. Conducting project monitoring, research, learning and documentation
Internship Period: 3 months
To apply classroom theory and practical skill development
Scope of Work
1. Learn about development of implementation work plans
2. Learn about planning and maintaining field activity records
3. Support UCLTS field activities particularly ODF verification and certification
4. Support in liaison with relevant partners, stakeholders and collaborators at activity level
5. Support UCLTS data management
6. Learn and compile activity reports
7. Learn and support project M&E activities
Professional/Qualifications: Evidence of completed or ongoing course in social sciences
Relevant Experience: Previous internship in public health settings
Potential candidates must:
– Submit an application to undertake internship training at Amref Health Africa.
– Specify why he/she has chosen Amref Health Africa for internship, the benefits expected from completing the internship (eg how it fits into the applicant’s studies or career plans), and how this contributes to Amref Health Africas objectives.
The application should indicate specifically:
– Field of academic specialisation or area in which practical training is required
– Programme of training approved by the candidate’s institution, where applicable duration of the internship (three or six months)
– Number of credits required for validation by the candidate’s institution, where applicable
– The application for internship shall be accompanied by a supporting letter from his/her learning institution, where relevant.
– Selection will be based on the job description prepared for this purpose and the best suited candidates will be selected.
NB: Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we are not in a position to reply to each request and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important: Please indicate your area of specialisation on the subject of the email when applying for an internship with Amref Health Africa.
NOTE: Amref Health Africa does not require or expect prospective and existing Interns to make any form of payment to secure and work as Interns within Amref Health Africa through the Corporate, Country, National and its field offices.