- (KES): KES 20,000 - 30,000
- Exp. Not Specified
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Accounting, Commerce or Finance / Business Admin, Management or Development / Customer Care / Economics or Statistics / HR & Administration / Journalism & Communication / Law Related / Psychology / Records & Information Management / Social or Political Sciences
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 237 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010. In line with Government Internship Policy, the Commission intends to offer internship opportunity to qualified youth in various areas of specialization to enable them gain practical work experience which will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career life.
Twenty-Five (25) Internship opportunities in various areas of specialization distributed as follows: –
PROFESSIONAL AREAS NO. OF INTERN
- Records Management 9 VACANCIES
- Human Resource Management/ Development 7 VACANCIES
- Finance & Account 2 VACANCIES
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) 2 VACANCIES
- Corporate Communications /Customer Care 1 VACANCY
- Statistician/ Economist 2 VACANCIES
- Legal 2 VACANCIES
1) Academic qualifications: –
a) STATISTICIANS/ ECONOMISTS/ RESEARCHERS
- Bachelors in Economics, Statistics, or Economics and Finance
- Ability to use modern statistical analysis software and technologies.
b) HR MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Bachelors in Social Science preferably in Sociology plus a Higher Diploma/Diploma in Human Resource Management/Business Administration/Management; OR
- Bachelors in Public/Business Administration or Social Psychology from a recognized institution with a postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management or Bachelors in HRM/HRD
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
- Diploma from Kenya School of Law (KSL)
d) CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS/CUSTOMER CARE
- Bachelors Degree in Corporate Communications/Customer Care, Journalism, Media Studies/Customer Relations
e) INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Business Information Technology.
f) RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Bachelors in Information Science/Records Management.
g) FINANCE & ACCOUNT
- Bachelors in Business Field/Administration, Finance, Commerce/ Accounting
2) Be a Kenyan youth aged between 21 and 35 years.
3) Must have completed their training and graduated in the last three (3) years from a recognized Institution.
1) Must be a person of integrity
2) Must be goal oriented, dynamic, self-driven and diligent individual.
3) Should possess good interpersonal, communications skills and be a
The Internship positions will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
STIPEND: This is a non-remunerative position, however, the selected Interns will be paid a stipend of twenty-five thousand (Kshs.25,000) per month.
WORK STATION: Successful applicants may be deployed either to the TSC Headquarters or County offices.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be submitted online through TSC recruitment portal. Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications by Monday 21st October, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This is purely an Internship Programme for a maximum period of one year and will not lead to automatic employment at the TSC.
- Selected Interns shall be required to have a personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period. They will also be required to have medical insurance cover by the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.
DR. NANCY NJERI MACHARIA, CBS
SECRETARY / CHIEF EXECUTIVE
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION