FOCUS: M&E, Storytelling, Impact Investing, Emerging Markets, International Development
DURATION: 4 – 6 Months
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
I-DEV International (www.idevinternational.com) is a global strategy and investment advisory firm with offices in Lima (Peru), San Francisco (USA) and Nairobi (Kenya) committed to unlocking the unique insights, innovation and investment needed to build and scale high-impact businesses around the world. We advise on private sector strengthening initiatives and directly support SMEs (Small Medium Sized Enterprises) in their Seed through Series C rounds to become regional and international leaders. By building these leading businesses and a stronger private sector, we are creating jobs, bolstering local economies, and reducing stressors that drive conflict. I-DEV has worked in over 10 sectors to create game changing impact; however, core areas of expertise include Mobile/Internet Technology, Clean Energy, Sustainable Agriculture, and Emerging Markets Supply Chains.
Founded in 2009, I-DEV has become known as “a unique combination of grassroots development, hard-nosed business and savvy 2.0 smarts.” We have built a network of clients and partners that includes 100+ emerging market and impact investment funds (with over $10 billion in combined committed capital), Fortune 500 corporations, high impact SMEs, and leading foundations and development organizations.
We’re looking for an M&E and Communications Intern to join our Nairobi office for 4-6 months.
During this time, you will play a key role in helping to refine I-DEV’s impact reporting and communication strategy for the range of key audiences we work for. Your main tasks and deliverables will likely include:
1) Review select project documents and conduct outreach to clients to analyze impact then and now, and synthesize into word articles and short profiles for 8-15 signature projects
2) Compile a 5-10 page final report outlining I-DEV’s key impact and relevant metrics to-date that can be used in a media kit for external relations and investor reporting going forward
3) Develop a simple, easy to follow (and implement) methodology for conducting a review of completed I-DEV projects to compile key impact and business results metrics in an efficient manner
4) Interview and obtain 10-15 past client interviews and testimonials for I-DEV investor report, website and other media kit content
5) Develop a basic media kit for I-DEV key target audiences and stakeholders to share with journalists, fellowship and award programs, and speaking event organizers
This position is a 4-6 month unpaid, volunteer opportunity. The assignment can be completed in part remotely; however, we highly encourage and welcome the Intern to spend a minimum of 2 months in the Nairobi office to complete the work. In exchange, the intern will get a rich and deep immersion experience into the dynamic East Africa impact investing, social enterprise and tech startup scene!
At I-DEV, we seek to hire and train the next emerging markets and global leaders focused on high-impact business solutions, and to share critical insights developed through our work. We seek world travelers, adventurers and game changers who believe anything is possible and that we can make it happen. Our teams are lean, yet not afraid to go above and beyond or get our hands dirty to uncover the best solutions for our clients.
The rolling application process begins immediately.
No Account? Sign Up Now