- Exp. Not Specified
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Main Job Purpose
This primary role covers a factory site within Kenya. This role’s responsibility is to monitor and control the sites production costs, waste which if done incorrectly will have a significant and material effect for the site. The role will assist in providing relevant financial and management information, systems and commercial support to the supply chain factory process.
- Provide monthly forecast to actual reporting to budget owners and engaging with budget owners to track budget vs actual.
- Prepare monthly financial deck to be presented to site Management/Leadership Team providing analysis for labor, production volumes, repairs and maintenance and other production indirect spend etc.
- Lead and prepare annual budget comparing projected results to prior year, budget and previous forecasts and provide production budgets for financial approval to Production Senior Management, with circulation of approved budget to Finance.
- Identify cost and asset utilisation improvement opportunities, and co-development of solutions.
- Perform month-end close, including preparing routine journal entries, analysing monthly P&L and providing required month-end close data to other Finance Team Members
- Maintain the accounts for all capitalization CWIP, disposal, and transfer of asset according to Unilever accounting standard procedure and policies.
- Prepare capex site proposals and capital spending project analysis in Marlin (Capex reporting tool)
- Estimate depreciation for cost schedule and AOP
- Analysis of operating performance or potential savings using actual, historical and projected data for the location
- Participate in all audits as required.
- Timely and accurate reporting of factory results.
- Communicate with plant personnel and observes plant operations in order to assist with and to make recommendations for improvement in plant operations.
- Special Projects as required.
- Accounting graduate & Chartered Accountant.
- Experience in a multinational company will be ideal.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in the application of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word tools.
- Good knowledge/hands on of an ERP system- SAP.
- Demonstrates commitment to the big picture, collectively pursues unselfish goals with humility & invests in making all of us better.
- Avoids mediocrity, reflects an openness to change, to new experiences & knowledge.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in accounting and analyses.
- Problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Thrives in a fast pace environment.