As a research and development foundation, Amref Health Africa recognises the dual benefits that can be derived from internship and volunteer attachment programmes. The organisation therefore offers local and international internship and volunteer opportunities. While both volunteer attachments and internships may be part of a learning programme, volunteer opportunities are also offered to out-of-school candidates who may be on sabbatical or who want to contribute to community service.
JOB TITLE: Programs Intern
DIRECTORATE/UNIT: Global Fund TB Project
PHYSICAL LOCATION: Amref Health Africa in Kenya, KCO, Nairobi
PERIOD: 6 months
To equip the intern with relevant skills while providing support to the programs unit of the project
The Programs Intern will directly report to a Project Assistant.
• Assist in planning and implementation of project activities
• Assist in taking minutes and report writing during project activities
• Assist in capacity building activities, field visits and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders to strengthen networks and partnerships.
• Verification and receiving of sub-recipients (SR) monthly reports
• Assist in provision of technical support to Sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure quality programmatic implementation of the project activities including reviewing SR reports
• Assist in monitoring, mentoring and providing technical advice and capacity development to CSOs to plan, implement, monitor and report on grants awarded.
• Assist in planning and execution of project operations research including protocol review/development, data collection, entry, cleaning, coding and analysis.
• Assist in documentation and dissemination of best practices, lessons learnt and project human interest stories.
• Assist in data entry into the Grant Management Information System (GMIS)
• The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field
• Knowledge of TB and HIV/AIDS policy issues
• Must be ICT proficient.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player and demonstrates high integrity.
• Attentive to detail
• Able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong communication skills
• Hard working and results oriented
• Must be willing to travel within the country
Potential candidates must:
– Submit an application to undertake internship training at Amref Health Africa.
– Specify why he/she has chosen Amref Health Africa for internship, the benefits expected from completing the internship (eg how it fits into the applicant’s studies or career plans), and how this contributes to Amref Health Africas objectives.
The application should indicate specifically:
– Field of academic specialisation or area in which practical training is required
– Programme of training approved by the candidate’s institution, where applicable duration of the internship (three or six months)
– Number of credits required for validation by the candidate’s institution, where applicable
– The application for internship shall be accompanied by a supporting letter from his/her learning institution, where relevant.
– Selection will be based on the job description prepared for this purpose and the best suited candidates will be selected.
NB: Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we are not in a position to reply to each request and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important: Please indicate your area of specialisation on the subject of the email when applying for an internship with Amref Health Africa.
NOTE: Amref Health Africa does not require or expect prospective and existing Interns to make any form of payment to secure and work as Interns within Amref Health Africa through the Corporate, Country, National and its field offices.