Full time salary: 30,000.00 pm
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 6 months
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing date: 12 March 2019
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisation. It is currently working in more than 50 countries and has been working in Kenya since 1997. The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
The intern will be charged with support functions for the projects being implemented in the Kenya Country Program. The intern will work closely with the Program Manager and the Project/Program Officers in ensuring proper documentation (in CA project management system, intranet and physical files), filling, follow up on tasks, organizing and planning for meetings, continuous updates and co-ordination of schedules and providing support to partners as directed. The intern will receive guidance and direction from the program manager.
– Co-ordination and support of project management activities
– Documentation, compilation and consolidation of reports and documents
– Administrative support for logistics and travel
– Any other assignments as determined by Kenya Country Programme needs
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and diligent intern with exceptional writing and communication skills to work alongside our Project Management Team on development projects. We offer the opportunity to put to practice the theoretical project management concepts and build on your experience working with local implementing partners.
Project Management Support
Indicators (KPIs) related to historic projects in PROMISE
• Education background in social studies and project management
• Demonstrated interest, desire and passion for development work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including competency in report writing
• Proficiency in MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented and proactive
• General knowledge in planning, setting up meetings and taking minutes
• Self- motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment under pressures
• Able to maintain confidentiality and use of discretion where appropriate
• Prior NGO experience preferred, but not required
If you meet the above qualifications, kindly apply online by uploading an updated 2-page CV and a one page supporting statement outlining concisely your strengths, how these strengths can be leveraged on to deliver the internship opportunity as above.