- Exp. 2+ Years
- Min. Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Specialism:Criminology/Security Studies
The security officer is responsible for keeping facilities and people safe and secure. The Job holder oversee and ensures security procedures, monitor and respond to incidents, secure entrances, and conduct security checks. In addition, they are often responsible for assessing risks and providing solutions to mitigate them.
- Degree in Security Studies.
- Advanced training in security matters
- Good judgment and problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Diversity awareness, understanding and respect for cultural differences
- Over 2 years’ experience in Security management.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
a)Responsible for maintaining a secure environment through ensuring the security of the physical banking branches and premises.
b)Act as liaison in matters of physical security between Bank and Security providers, any governmental agencies such as police, fire and any safety regulatory bodies.
c)Must learn to personally conduct /Review CCTV surveillance equipment, etc, in order to handle sensitive investigations.
d)Maintain and update security logs and registers.
- Crime Prevention and Investigation
- Responsible for maintaining a secure environment through ensuring the security of the physical bank.
- Act as liaison between Bank and any governmental agencies such as police, fire and any safety regulatory bodies.
- Establish and maintain procedures to reduce any internal theft/losses as well as evaluate existing security procedures periodically and give appropriate recommendations to Security manager.
- Establish and maintain policy for spot checks of employees carrying parcels when departing Bank property to ensure only employee personal property is leaving.
- Establish and maintain systems/procedures to ensure that both regular and irregular patrols of entire complex are completed to maximum potential.
- Ensure that all reports are completed properly and in a timely manner so as to ensure that all matters are duly communicated and all necessary actions are commenced as soon as required.
- Coordinate investigation of all act of crime, or any losses incurred against by customers, staff, and Bank company in order to determine those responsible and proceed with any necessary prosecution/recover of losses.
- Control access to critical areas where the need for access arises outside of normal operating hours for that area.
- Contribute to ensuring all staff adhere to all Bank policies/procedures.
- Ensure that all required checks, tests, and inspections are completed in a timely manner where required in order to ensure compliance with all code and regulation requirements and ensure that all records are properly maintained as required.
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained in emergency procedures and maintain an ongoing training/retraining program in order to ensure that all staff are familiar with procedures at all times.
- Conduct regular and irregular inspections of the Bank property in order to ensure that the safety of the customers, staff, and Bank physical premises are not being compromised by potentially dangerous situations.
- Through regular reviews, ensure that programs/procedures are in place in order to address most expected circumstances in the event of an emergency situation.
- Upon being advised, initiate/lead appropriate loss recovery actions necessary to protect the Bank from further additional losses and/or coordinate implementation of emergency plan.
- In cooperation with insurance adjusters and insurance company, implement actions necessary to minimize any potential claims.
- Act as Certified Representative in all health & safety matters requiring such representation by Bank management.
- Act as chairperson for Bank safety committee requiring regularly scheduled meetings of no less than as required by legislation to address matters concerning Bank staff workplace safety. Maintain and lead the purpose/goal of the committee to reduce the frequency of on the job staff injuries to a level that is within company acceptable standards.
- Through implementation of policies and procedures, ensure that the Bank maintains full compliance with all legislative acts including occupational health and Safety Act regulations. To include training/retraining of matters where necessary for all departments.
- Maintain a high level of general concern for workplace safety, amongst all Bank staff through implementation of various policies and procedures.
- Ensure all security staff are properly trained in emergency procedures at all times.
- Maintain responsibility for payroll and scheduling of department staff. Ensure that all necessary time sheets and documents are completed.
- Review daily activities of security officers on all shifts.
- Complete regular staff appraisals for each staff member and conduct corrective interviews with staff where necessary.
- Maintain control of Lost and Found valuables. Ensure that all items are properly returned to guests upon enquiries and verifications being made.
- Establish and maintain effective means of communication and working rapport with staff/management of other departments.
- Train and supervise security personnel within branches as appropriate.
- Incident reporting
- Embed a process for loss/risk incident reporting by branches/units (to ensure no surprises)
- Daily review of various branch CCTV and take necessary action to mitigate risk