The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. The Authority invites applications for the following position:
TEMPORARY ASSISTANT-RESEARCH & STATISTICS – 1 POSITION
Contract Period: Six Months Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Research and Statistics, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Collect and edit relevant data and statistics for further manipulation/analysis while working with relevant parties to streamline the data to ensure synchronization towards enhancement of business intelligence and a shift to effective and efficient data collection and analysis.
- Prepare periodic predictive analytics as inputs to comprehensive Research reports to inform policy on risks in line with the Authority’s new Risk and Evidence Based Approach.
- Assist in research work and make recommendations on a wide range of issues/products/services/infrastructure and/or challenges that have an ultimate impact on the performance of capital markets in Kenya.
- Assist in preparation of performance monitoring reports on a regular basis
- Assist in implementation policies, procedures, methodologies and quality standards for collection, updating and maintenance of data
- Assist in consolidation of proposals on new policies, systems and strategies to improve Market Infrastructure including trading, settlement and surveillance systems to enhance market efficiency and integrity.
- Undertake any other assignments as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Statistics/ Econometrics
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience
- Proficiency in Statistical/Econometric Packages
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Economic, statistical and graphical analysis Proficiency.
Applications should be received on or before November 3, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
THE CAPITAL MARKETS AUTHORITY DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.